Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Be Patient...Im so new to Blogging, but not PAIN!

Hi

My name is Carol Rains I live in Washington state. My husband and I are finally alone!
Our three children are all out of the nest! Sharon-David-Brandon
We also have 5 grandchildren and 1 more on the way! Peter-Jaydon-Jackie-Paige-Kaiden- ???
John and I also have a Chow Chow-her name is Yoshe, Snoops is are Dashhound, and then theirs Trapper John M.D. Mouse Detective, yes are cat!

My RSD/CRPS started in 1998 after an injury at work. I now have RSD in both legs, my left arm, and now my lower face. I have 2 Spinal Cord Stimulator's that help with 30% of the pain. The rest of my relief comes from some medications, support from family and friends, positive attitude helps, and spring-summer days!

I go to court on Tuesday the 18th of March-my attorney is trying to get WA State to grant me a permanent disability and put me on the pension plan! I was approved for my SSD in 2003, the judge had the records show that I became disabled the same day I was told I had RSD/CRPS and that was Nov. 22nd, 1999, a day I'll never forget....

My husband and I also volunteer with the American Pain Foundation, last fall we were invited to their 10th Anniversary Gala for a speaking engagement. It was a wonderful experience and we met some fantastic supporters of Chronic Pain.

I love Snoopy-being outside, gardening, family & friends, camping, talking to others about chronic pain, and the world wide web,!

Thats all I can do for now, please check back often, let me know how your doing...


Carol Rains


1 comment:

Sharon said...

My name is Sharon and I am Carols daughter. I have watched my mom deal with this pain since 1998. My mom is not like most grandmothers. She has five grandkids 3 are mine and live close enough where they should be able to go play at grandma's or stay the night, ect. My kids have to carefully hug grandma,making sure that they do not hurt her, and if they want to stay the night or day with grandma, they have to hope that grandpa is home to help grandma. My mom used to hike, camp, and many other outdoor activities, but since this disease, she is lucky to get out to weed her flower beds. I will be there for her in court tomorrow to support her. I love you mom.