Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

2 Day is a New Day-



9:00 am Tuesday, April 8th, 2008

Having a lot of pain the last week or so, and 2 top it off dealing with a tooth ache.
I see the dentist this Thursday, should be so fun, going 2 the dentist is I think 1 of the necessary evils of life!

The burning & crushing pain have been so intense, even with my stims and my medications, the pain seems 2 be stuck in high gear.

Still waiting 4 my L&I court of appeal 2 finish up. The last witness we've called is Dr. Baumeister of Edmond's WA, he will testify on the 30th of April.

I had a good day last week! I went to town had my hair done, then went 2 Bi-mart and bought a few spring flowers-Pansies, dark pink Rock Cress, and 1 with some cute little pink trailing flowers, and 1 with some cute little yellow trailing flowers. Not sure what they are! I planted them with a pinkish Prim Rose.

John's been working a lot of late hours delivering 2 some of the orchard's in the area. I talked to my son in CO yesterday, they still have snow and were getting more! He lives near Steamboat Springs.

I have a friend in New Mexico who also has RSD. She's really having a difficult time with the pain.
She is asking for ANY ways that those of us with RSD use to help endure the pain-
So ALL of you with RSD, what do you do to help deal with the daily pain of RSD?
I'm sure she is not the only one needing these answers. There are so many people that are suffering in daily pain-they do not have doctors that know how to properly treat pain, and so these people all suffer. As of now I think I'm 1 of the few that has not only 1 Spinal Cord Stimulator but 2 of them. In addition 2 the stims I also take pain medications for the pain.

Here is what I do to reduce my pain...

  • Rest
  • Hot/warm bath with epsom salts
  • I turn off the TV, radio, CD's, Ipods etc..
  • Turn off the lights-close blinds
  • Sit outside on a nice day
  • Talk 2 a friend
  • meditate
  • I have a "special place" I go 2 in my mind. I've used this 4-so many years during stressful times. My place is a Cabin in the woods, a creek is near by. I've seen dear, squirrels, chipmunks, all sorts of birds, and wild flowers. At my place there is NO PAIN, NO STRESS. I've split wood there, sat in my rocking chair on the porch. Fished in the creek, and even sat inside during a mountain thunder storm! Its up 2 you 2 make your place, and its location! Another nice thing about my place, there is no lay overs, crowded airports-lines, and no worries about gas prices in order 2 get there!
  • I surf on the net-read articles, and stories on chronic pain-gardening-cub scouting-Ebay-Snoopy-
  • I pray-cry-scream-and repeat as needed
  • help some 1else
  • I doodle-draw landscape ideas for my yard-
  • look at my gardening books, magazines,
  • pace
  • make a list of everything I'm thankful 4

Thats all 4 now.


Please post your ideas here, or email me at carol@thereishope4chronicpain.org

No comments: